Rick & I enjoyed having Tom Lyons on our radio show on FM NEWS TALK 97.1 to discuss the
NORTH POLE VILLAGE!
Magical and castle-like St. Louis Union Station will stand in for The North Pole throughout the holiday season with fun indoor and outdoor holiday activities for everyone. The station will be decked out in elaborate seasonal displays and twinkling décor designed to rival the biggest holiday celebrations in the nation.
North Pole Village activities will be open from 3 p.m. until 10 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays and from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays through December 30. The attraction will be closed Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Admission to North Pole Village and Glacier Park are included in Santa Express train tickets. Tickets for guests not holding train tickets are $5 per person, children two and younger are free.
Inside North Pole Village, guests will discover:
• Santa’s Workshop Experience and Elf Academy – Learn the secrets of becoming one of Santa’s Elves at Elf Academy. Graduates receive an official Elf Certificate and then head to Santa’s Workshop to use their new Elf skills. Kids can take a seat at the workbench where Master Toy Maker Elfin will help them build a toy train car to take home. This 45-minute family activity is a complete hands-on experience for children and their parents. Academy/Workshop hours are weekdays at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.; weekends at 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Reservations required. Adult ticket: $19; Children 12 and under: $15. One adult participant is required per party.
• North Pole Post Office – It’s not too late to mail your wish list to the Big Guy. Kids of all ages can write and draw their requests. Free.
• Santa’s Office – You might just catch Ho Ho himself hard at work reviewing the Naughty and Nice lists. Great selfie photo op location.
• Santa’s Reindeer Round-up – Search through North Pole Village to find all of Santa’s reindeer.
Watch Santa’s video call for help from Santa’s Toy Factory where the round-up search begins. Without the reindeer, how will he deliver presents? Tickets are $5. Find all nine reindeer to receive a special prize.
• Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen at Gingerbread Junction – Follow the sweet smell of fresh gingerbread and other goodies awaiting at this cheery bakery. Santa Express ticket holders head here to collect their complimentary cookie and hot chocolate drink. Other taste treats including delectable decorated cupcakes are available for sale. Families can purchase a cute Gingerbread House kit to decorate at home or on site for $16. Good girls and boys can enjoy
– more –
North Pole Village Attractions (continued)
a storybook time featuring cookies and milk with Mrs. Claus on Saturdays at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. and take home a copy of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas autographed by Mrs. Claus. Price is $12 per child. Reservations are suggested.
• Santa’s Sleigh – Climb aboard Santa’s Sleigh nestled within a wintery scene to take a fun selfie.
• Santa Land – Santa Express ticket holders can travel through a tunnel of holiday trees leading to Santa Land for a one-on-onemeeting with Santa Claus. Here, families can pose for memorable pictures with Mr. Claus. Photo packages are available for purchase. Photo sessions in Santa Land are available for those who don’t hold Santa Express tickets from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. each day. Admission to North Pole Village, purchase of photo package, and reservations are requiredthrough www.HolidaysatUnionStation.com.
• Babbo Natale’s Pizza Parlor – Santa’s Italian incarnation serves up hot slices for sale to hungry holiday visitors.
• The Fudgery – St. Louis’ favorite singing candy makers will share songs while creating and selling delectable fudge candy.
• Santa’s Toy Shop – Find special gifts for good girls and boys including exclusive Santa Express logos items, ornaments, puzzles, train sets and other fun specialty items.
• Santa’s Weather Station – Track the temperature at the North Pole and watch the radar for flying reindeer!
• Santa’s Maze – Seek and find the Northern Lights in the festive walk-thru maze.
• Peppermint Putt-Putt – Fore! The elves can caddy for you when you play a round of free mini-golf at the North Hole.
• Elf’s Clubhouse – Play games with Santa’s Helpers, enjoy refreshments and more in this exclusive VIP play space. Admission is complimentary to those who hold Premium and First Class Santa Express train tickets or $10 per person for other guests.
Tune into the Tracy Ellis show on FM News Talk 97.1 Saturdays at 4:00 PM & Sundays at 10:00 AM